Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Film: The Walk








GENRE: Drama
RATING: PG for brief nudity and language
RUNTIME: 2 hours and 3 minutes
STARRING: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Inception, Don Jon, Looper)
Charlotte Le Bon (Hundred Foot Journey), Ben Kingsley (Gandhi, Hugo)
DIRECTOR: Robert Zemeckis (Cast Away, Forrest Gump, Flight)
WRITERS: Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future, Polar Express)
Christopher Browne (newcomer)
PLOT: The true story of Philippe Petit, a high-wire artist who walked a wire between the World Trade Centre towers in 1974.

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:
1 Even if you already saw the awesome documentary Man on Wire, this is still a film worth watching. Knowing the ending doesn’t ruin the intensity.
2 The walk on the wire affected me completely. I held my breath, my heart was racing and my palms were sweating. It’s an excruciating and invigorating sequence. Even more so in 3D and IMAX.
3 I found the French accents annoying at first. Don’t know why.
4 There’s a dumb part with a seagull. It should have been edited out.
5 I remember going up the towers a year before they fell on 9/11. The film brought me back to that time. It was moving.

RECOMMENDATION: See it in theatre (3D IMAX preferably)
UPCOMING REVIEWS: The Martian

No comments: